|Subject: East Timor Press Review 30
East Timor Press Review
30 September, 2002
· Suara Timor Lorosa’e front page carried a photo of first lady, Kirsty Sword Gusmão, Minister of Health, Rui de Araujo, Brigadier-General, Taur Matan Ruak and a few Government representatives on launch of the National Immunization Campaign day in the country. Mrs. Gusmão was at Becora immunization centre and was quoted as saying that Immunization is important to protect children from illness.
· In a separate article it was reported that Minister of Justice, Ana Pessoa participated in the immunization campaign in Maliana.
· Foreign Affairs Vice-Minister, Jorge Teme said the government will discuss with the Portuguese and Irish government representatives in Dili about the Timorese who left the country to seek employment in Ireland.
· STL also carried a photo of East Timor athletes in the Asian Games opening yesterday in South Korea.
· Vice-Minister of Health, Joao Lobato announced that his department would recruit about 370 people to work in his department.
· It is reported that Viqueque district traders are complaining that they it is hard to sell their produces.
· It is reported that Diarhea and Malaria are the predominant illness in Maliana.
[Drafted by UNMISET Spokespersons Office]
*Please note: No Timor Post today.
Note: For those who would like to fax "the powers that be" - CallCenter is a Native 32-bit Voice Telephony software application integrated with fax and data communications... and it's free of charge! Download from http://www.v3inc.com/